The 2017 DAIS Science fair is happening this Saturday, February 25th from 9-11:30AM. Please come and show your support for this event. Information about times and topics are below.
9:00-9:15AM Pre-K and Kindergarten — Protecting Plants when it’s Cold
9:20-9:35AM Grade 1 — Adaptation
9:40-9:55AM Grade 2 — Designing Protective Packaging
10:00-10:15AM Grade 3 — Magnetic Forces
10:20-10:45AM Grade 4 — Wheels in Motion
10:20-10:45AM Grade 5 — Motion and Forces
10:50-11:20AM Grade 6, 7, and 8 — Independent Topics
11:20-11:30AM Awards Assembly in Lobby
Student presentations will be happening in various classrooms throughout the morning. You can pick up a brochure or check the information board in the lobby when you arrive to find specific locations.
At the Parent Coffee on Friday, February 3, Mr. Foster will share information about the inclusion of Engineering Design at the DAIS Science Fair on February 25. During the session, Mr. Foster will compare the Scientific Investigations and Engineering Design frameworks. He will also present an example of how one topic could be developed with each framework.
Please click here to view Mr. Foster’s visual aids presented during the session.
Grade / Time / Presentation Room
- Preschool / 9:00 / Preschool Rm.
- Kindergarten / 9:00 / Kinder Rm., Gr. 1, Gr. 2
- Grade 1 / 9:20 / Kinder Rm, Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3
- Grade 2 / 9:20 / Kinder Rm, Rm. 207, Rm. 208, Science Lab
- Grade 3 / 9:40 / Kinder Rm, Gr. 2, Gr. 3
- Grade 4-5 / 9:40 / Gr. 4-5, Rm. 207, Rm. 208, Science Lab, Tech Lab, Music Rm.
- Grade 6 / 10:15 / Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3, Library
- Grade 7-8 / 11:00 / Lobby