Each year DAIS arranges a Study Trip for the Middle School students. This year’s trip will be in October and will see the students travel to Village Camps in Leysin, Switzerland.
Village Camps is a well-established educational camp that has been in existence since 1972. It is built on a philosophy of “education through recreation” and “learning while having fun.” Village Camp seeks to achieve these goals through activities designed to promote leadership, teamwork, independence and an understanding of the interaction between people and their environment. Each day students will participate in activities designed to help them achieve these objectives. These include hiking, rock-climbing, orienteering and survival skills.
Students are expected to work in teams to meet and overcome these challenges, while developing a greater sense of self and balance within a peer group environment. Our DAIS students are excited by the opportunities and challenges that await them in Switzerland.
– by Mr. Peter Parker
- Pre K will not be skating
- Kindergarten optional (if parent attends class and is on the ice with their child. Child must have skates and helmet. Parents could wear winter boots or skates)
- Grade 1-8 students will participate
Hockey helmet with face mask are highly recommended:
- Students will not be allowed on the ice without a helmet
- Click here to learn how to fit a hockey helmet
Skates and Sticks:
- Elbow pads and shin pads — will help prevent bumps and bruises when falling
- Click to learn how to fit a elbow pads
- Click to learn how to fit a shin pads
Having the right gear will make skating more enjoyable learning environment.